Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 211 of 365


Day 211 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

Really liked the colors on a feather so thought I do a little reverse lens macro on it. If I retook the shot I'd try to not have the focus be so apparent on the left side.

This is the second day of me trying the Flickr blog feature. I load the photo up to Flickr, which is what I've always been doing, and click the Blog This feature and it opens up a new window where I can type in my thoughts. Speeds up the process a bit but I still have to go in and reformat as it sets the photo to the far left and at a size larger than I want.

3 comments:

Joey said...

Looks like some sort of fabric weave. I like the light fall off a lot.

Re the Flickr blog post. I use that as well and to get the formating the way you want just go in and customize it then you won't have to go into your blog to adjust.

Unknown said...

I'm curious . . . again. Don't hold it against me, please. :)

Why do you choose for your blog photos to be so (comparatively) small? Sometimes I want a closer look, but I can't get one.

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Ask away Jessica. I welcome questions and as my new banner in the upper left says (I'll post about it tonight and link to the blog I got it from) constructive criticism.

One thing about Blogspot that I don't like is the layout. I know I can rearrange the layout and there are several different templates to use but all of them have the same size issue. I found that any photo larger than 255px wide causes them to be cut off.

Uploading directly from Flickr now allows you to click directly on the photo and it takes you to Flickr and can look at a larger size photo there. I only upload 8x12 72ppi up on Flickr though so they aren't super large.