Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 189 of 365

After playing with the embroidery hoops last night I thought I'd play with them again tonight. A while back I was playing with open shutter zoom, which is using a long shutter setting (this was 4 seconds) and zooming in and out while the shutter was open. Last time I did the technique it was on a flat surface so tonight I played with it with a spinning object.

As I mentioned at the halfway point I wanted to start incorporating in some Photoshop processed photos. This is the above photo with the following done to it. The background layer with the Dark Edges filter and another layer (copy of the background layer) using the Overlay blend mode. Wanted to see what I could maybe do with the basic shot if I want to try and incorporate it into some other design. Came up with something resembling a floating flame...at least to me.

2 comments:

Jen said...

It does look like a flame. Cool.

C said...

In looking at these two results, I would suggest that both are quite "valid" as the issue at hand appears to be 'what am I trying to do?'. Both images work. In my opinion, the critical case is 'can One pre-visualize the intended result?'. Of course with digital images we can all find a surprise with what ever button in the program we are using however that is not 'my' final goal when pointing the camera.