Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 204 of 365

I was fully prepared to just do more shots tonight of objects in different states of swirl but decided after taking a bunch (as you can see below) to play with reflection instead. I have been kicking around some ideas that include this piece of Plexiglas so went with one of the ideas tonight. We've all seen shots of water drops that are reflecting a flower or something else in the water drops. This is no different...I hadn't tried it so thought I'd get it out of my system.

Before doing the flower reflection shot I played around with string of beads with Om symbols on it. I wasn't really into it having done so many of these types of shots recently. I did like a few of them so thought I'd share one.


Back on day 197 I posted a shot and asked if anyone could guess what it was. I got a couple of guesses and completely forgot to say or show was it was. It was a piece of art paper with white dots. For my shot I used back lighting so light was coming through the white dots and moved the paper with an open shutter. Sometimes I just focus in on a particular area and with my cable release in hand stand away from the camera and move my subject around while taking shots. I don't know what I'm getting until I check later.

3 comments:

credd said...

love the water droplets. interesting how the 'dots' came out on day 197.

Suselek said...

The droplets are beautiful. Have you thought of selling it as "fine art" print? :)

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Thank you :)

I'm getting ready to put a portfolio up on Zenfolio so here soon some of my photos can be purchased. It's been quite a process figuring out what service works the best for me.