Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 188 of 365


My original idea for tonight was to photograph some temple bells my wife has and did as you can see above. After I took a couple of stationary shots I started playing with long exposure motion shots. I find myself pulled more towards developing my style around abstract so I'm going to run with it for now. I guess I'm drawn to it because it opens me up to just being able to play and see what I can do.

As mentioned I did some motion shots of the bells and they turned out fine but then I grabbed a couple of my wife's (she has lots of cool props for me to use) embroidery hoops and hung them so I could spin them independently. I did spins and swinging, and spinning while swinging. Here's an example of it swinging.


4 comments:

Jason Anderson said...

The first made me think of the scales of Libra, which is always good but I may be biased! But I like the motion of the second ones better, so mjust concede the zodiac to composition! LOL Nice shots here Rob..

Jen said...

I just love the embroidery hoops, there is something very Zen about this shot.

When two non-territorial pack rats marry, the prop possibilities are endless!

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Great effect to date will be interested in seeing developments too.

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Thanks :)

The scales of Libra...hmm. That may give me an idea for my photo on my b-day (I'm a Libra).