Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 192 of 365

After playing with yarn the last couple of days I thought I'd branch out...to ribbon. I raided the Christmas ribbon stash and tied them up to a small air pump we use to inflate out camping air mattress. The ribbon was a bit more textured and it shows in the photo. I was curious to see how it would look...now I know.

Because my unedited version wasn't quite centered the one below is an edited version that has been cropped to be centered and also had a little filter and blend mode tweaks done. It was on the fly and since it's almost midnight and I need to get this posted not exactly what I wanted.

3 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Your Tinsel spins quite a yarn too.

Unknown said...

Not sure about this one . . . I think I liked your yarn ones better.

PS Are you familiar with Mark Rothko's work? I'm thinking horizontal might work better than vertical for this type of thing.

[¯Ô¯]njoy said...

There's an image of the Cassiopeia constellation taken from the Hubble Space Telescope that this photo reminds me of (http://tinyurl.com/pgqgxq). One click leads to another and in searching for more Project 365 photographers, I found your blog. Looking forward to more!