Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 207 of 365


Decided to get outside today and stretch my legs a little since I find myself spending most of my photography time in the garage hunched over a table in the corner coming up with odd and abstract creations. I fully intended on doing some street photography but while walking to a spot I wanted to sit and just observe what was going on around me and take a few photos in the process I stopped to look at some flowers.

While looking at the flowers I noticed bees, lots of bees flying about landing on the flowers and collecting pollen. I've never had good success taking photos of bees or butterflies so thought I'd sit there for a bit and see what I could photograph. I thankfully brought my 70-300mm macro lens with me so put that on and waited for a bumblebee to land on the nearest flower. Instead a butterfly landed and started posing for me. I finally have my butterfly shot.

3 comments:

Ilan said...

Everybody gotta have at least on butterfly frame in their collection, not many got a good one as this, though.
Well... I don't have a good one, ok?! :)

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Great to see you out risking your equipment in the sunlight Igor. Wish I had that success with them flighty little critters. Top Shot.

TheMohaveKid said...

Nice shot indeed. Is that just daylight your using .. looks like it is. I love tyo shoot in the house .. it's 109 out there today !!