Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 184 of 365


I figured since I started this project featuring my old combat boots that I'd start off the 2nd half with them. I threw in my dog tags and my patrol cap I wore while a member of the Recon Platoon, 1st Squadron 9th Cavalry at Fort Lewis, WA in the early 1990's before it was deactivated.

I'm posting really late today mostly because I had a vision earlier in the day for a lighting rig that I could hang from the ceiling made entirely of PVC pipe. While out this afternoon I stopped at Home Depot and bought the pieces I needed (total cost $13) and spend most of the evening figuring out how to hang it from the ceiling. Putting it together was easy, about 2 minutes, figuring out how to hang it from the dry wall ceiling in the garage was the hard part. I'll take some photos of it tomorrow and explain more about what I used.

1 comment:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Great "It ain't easy being green" shot, looking forward to the New Mobile shots.