Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 193 of 365


50mm, f/5.0, 4 second exposure


variable, f/8.0, 4 second exposure

As you can see I'm not quite through with the yarn. This time I took one of the embroidery hoops used in previous shots and strung the yarn in a spoke pattern. The top image was with my 50mm f/1.8 up as close to the hoop as possible. I focused to the center of the hoop and to get a bit of a different color I changed the white balance from tungsten, which I normally use with my work lights, to cloudy to get a bit of an orange cast. The bottom image was taken with my telephoto lens and I used the open shutter zoom technique as it was spinning.

2 comments:

jo said...

I really like the bottom image! I'll have to try your zoom technique some time.

Suselek said...

They are just so beautiful.