Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 208 of 365

I hadn't taken apart the pin prop I used a couple of days ago and while sitting there trying to figure what to photograph tonight I had the hair brained idea of seeing what it would look like spinning. After a few failed attempts at spinning by hand I remembered the power drill. I attached the foam core the pins are stuck in to the power drill and let it start spinning. Below is the same shot but edited a little. I used the linear contrast curve to bring the colors out more and gave it a bit of a high pass sharpening.


3 comments:

Jason Anderson said...

Just too clever - never woulda thought of doing that. Now you should tape/tack different shapes to foam core and repeat, check out the different patterns you get. Or eve just paint various shapes of foam core and stick them on a bit then spin! Brilliant!

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Oh...I have all sorts of ideas bouncing around in my head now that I've come up with an easy way to spin things. Just need to remember to charge up the drill battery :)

Just thought of a way to keep my hands free with the drill. I had taped the trigger down but I think one of these velcro strips used to organize my computer cables will be easier to put on and remove.

Jen said...

Where did all my pins go?
.scratches head.
Kidding. These turned out really cool, sweetie.