Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 191 of 365

I asked for some feedback yesterday regarding the direction I've been going with my photography. Got a few great comments and took them to heart. One problem I've been having is trying to get enough light on the subject while keeping the background dark. Too compensate I ended up going darker than I probably should. To help with this I made a snoot to use with one of my work lights. It worked wonders and provided a directional spotlight without bleeding light onto the background. This allowed me to bring the color out on the yarn. This is the same yarn I used last night and the photo turned out one color. Big difference I say...


50mm, f/1.8, 6 second exposure


50mm, f/3.2, 0.5 second exposure


This is the cheap PVC pipe light grid I built last weekend. I can hang my lights and props from it and has expanded my workspace quite a bit and has helped with lighting better.

Post a Comment