Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 114 of 365

This is the same shot I took a few weeks ago but instead posted a photo of a small backlit flower. I decided to reshoot the tall grass since it was the same windy conditions like the last time. I didn't feel like dragging out my tripod and using a ND filter to get motion but was happy to see that even with a shutter speed of 1/320 second I got the appearance of motion.

I finally got around to setting up my Google Reader so I can follow other blogs easier. I don't know why I didn't do it earlier, well I do, sheer laziness but I did finally do it. So much easier to be able to see everything in one place and see when a blog has been updated. So please link to or send me an e-mail with your blog address if you'd like me to check it out. I really really really want to get into the habit of looking at and commenting on other photographers work.

If anyone is interested in a little photoshop project I did for a class I'm taking you can check it out on my Flickr. The project was to create a collage or composite so I took a few of my photos worked with them. I used Day 42, Day 40, and Day 32 and several different layer adjustments and layer blending modes later ended up with the final project. I went for an Asian look and think it came out better than I expected it too.

4 comments:

Tafari said...

Great shot & I love the DOF. It almost looks like a painting.

Tafari

Celina said...

Beautiful! I like the flow of the motion.

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

This is so ephemeral and transient looking it has a bittersweet taste, as if it might disappear, I like it.

Sharon said...

Great movement!

I also just set up my google reader. Much easier to keep track of all the wonderful stuff out there.

http://sharonlinnefaulk.com/photo