Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 100 of 365


Used a small flashlight to paint light onto the Calla Lilies. I completely forgot to answer a light painting question last time I did it so will attempt to now. Basically light painting, at least for me, consists of a completely dark room, a couple of seconds of open shutter and a small flashlight. To reduce how much light comes from the flashlight I taped a small piece of thick cardboard over the end of the flashlight and poked a couple of holes through the cardboard so only a couple small shafts of light come out instead of the entire beam. I shutter release and paint light onto the areas of the flower I want lit until the shutter closes...in this case it was set for 4 seconds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for explaining the technique, Rob. I'll have to give that a try...