Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 106 of 365


I expressed some thoughts of being creatively tapped and Michael of Fort Photo recommended I do a minimalist phase. That I will be looking into and probably starting tomorrow. Today I went with what I know...which is baseball. This is a ball I've had since high school or probably even longer. Found it in a box full of old stuff from my childhood I was digging through this evening trying to find something to photograph. I so enjoyed playing baseball...

6 comments:

Andy C said...

Nice lighting and I like the simplicity.

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Been there done that, is what it says to me, any more light and it would look newish!

Justin said...

Glad you took my advice :) The photographs I make when I force myself too frequently end up the most creative and rewarding. I like the lighting and your placement of the seams.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I like the minimalist suggestion - might have to try that myself.

PG said...

nice, I did same a couple weeks ago. was really happy with the results....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bostonpat/sets/72157616423913228/

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Thanks guys...

You know PG...I remember looking at your photos after you posted and they must have inspired me because as I was looking at the ball in my hand I was thinking I remember seeing some nice shots of a ball recently but couldn't put my finger on where :)