Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day 112 of 365


This is me being silly...not on drugs...just silly. I didn't get a chance to take any photos outside today so after class tonight I went out into the garage and sat there for a few trying to think of something to shoot and saw my old friend the burned out light bulb. I find myself holding onto items that may be of interest later down the road...not good when you have a mild case of packratitis (my new made up word of the day) to begin with.

So I'm sitting there looking around for something to shoot and grab the light bulb and my small flashlight. My initial concept was to see if I could make it glow on the inside but while playing around noticed the shadow. Along with the shadow there were circular lines. This is a 2 second exposure with just a small amount of light from a flashlight. As you can see I didn't paint enough of the area so part of it was excluded but I decided to not sit out there for hours trying to get the perfect one as this was more for fun and to get me thinking outside the box a little. This may not be a great shot but who knows...how I did it may come in handy sometime in the future. Now is the time to experiment...

I'll leave you with this...

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes"
Richard Buckminster Fuller (US engineer and architect, 1895-1953)

2 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

I am unqualified to comment but in my mind, this is one of your best to date. Packratitis: is an Old English Word (That you just made up) I have lots of those (Mostly stolen as is Packratitis, if we both use it it will be accepted.

Jen said...

This photo is way cool - sort of industrial, abstract and calming at once. And thank goodness for garages with shelves to contain the items packed by rats.