Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 87 of 365


I got out today and took a short hike out to an old ranch in Carmel Valley. I had gone there a few years back when I only had a point and shoot camera and took some pictures but was never all that happy with them. Figured since I was in the area again today I'd see what I could do with my nice camera. When I have a hard time decided on which picture to post I ask my wife to select her favorite...this antique door handle was her selection. A posted a few others on my Flickr that I liked but did a little post work since they weren't going to be my photo of the day.

5 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

I must have seen a hundred like that over the years and never SEEN one thank you for the reminder to look everywhere.

Anonymous said...

Great detail captured here.

Michael said...

I have a love affair with doors and details such as this which show off such exquisite old age textures. Nice tight compo here.

I had to laugh on your mention of your wife, my poor wife has to continuously offer forced opinions on all matter of my stuff, hah. Hope you had a good weekend Rob.

klsbear said...

I can see why she wanted you to post this - it's wonderful - love the textures.klsbear

Jason Anderson said...

I knew a guy in Charleston SC that was taking pictures not of door knobs, but of the door knocker things, and was thinking of publishing a shrink-wrapped book called "Knockers of Charelston".

I am thinking "Doorknobs" would work equally well! LOL

Nice textures here though...