Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 84 of 365


When I'm short on ideas and time I think I'll turn to mundane kitchen items. A pair of whisks provided me with my subject tonight. I wish I had not been lazy and tried them on a white background as well but after putting the black fabric back up in the lightbox last night I didn't feel like taking it down. Not a hard process but like I said...I was being lazy.

The light spots are from the light going through the little holes in the round disk. This was shot at 50mm, f/1.8, ISO 100, 3.2 seconds using just a small amount of light from one of my small work lights. The work lights have a few small holes near the base that a small amount of light comes out of...when I need a small circle of light I use those.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think for a photo that you were not feeling that inspired on, this one is fantastic. It's amazing what how a little kitchen gadget can become art so easily (in your hands)!

Jessica
www.MomShots.com

Anonymous said...

Very inspiring. I wish I had the time, and your patience, to set up shots like this. I'm working pretty much hand-held because most of the time I'm too lazy to set my camera up on the tripod, let alone experiment much with lighting.

Kim said...

Who ever said 'lazy' doesn't pay off! ;-) I like this shot a lot.

J. said...

great shot. love the depth of focus.