Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day 85 of 365


I was at Best Buy the other day and noticed an incredible amount of California Poppy growing in the parking lot medians. I didn't take a photo of them then but was in the area again today and figured I'd do it today. Unfortunately it was mid day so as we all know...never photograph in the harsh mid day light. Well I did but wanted to see what it would look like if I dropped my EV to -2. Made it a bit darker and brought out some contrast. Oh...and I forgot to change my white balance from tungsten (from last nights lightbox work) to sunlight. Oops...but I don't think it suffers from that.

I would have liked to have been able to get down lower but I was in work clothes and didn't follow my own advice from the other day and have a plastic bag with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I really like the lightly underexposed effect.

Spring is so pretty in your part of the world. I lived in Salinas and Santa Cruz in the 80s and miss it! Thanks for sharing the poppies.

Kim said...

You'd never guess this was in a parking lot median! It looks like a full field! Very cool!