Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 77 of 365


Got an early start to my photo of the day today. This shot is a lesson to myself. I'm so enamored with my 50mm f/1.8 that I tend to forget that I can stop down so I don't have quite the narrow depth of field at 1.8. I'm thinking this would be a better shot if the dew drops on the tips were a little more in focus and I can't really even tell where my focal point was. This was mostly due to kneeling as close to the ground as I could without laying prone and getting myself all wet and dirty. Tip: Have a large trash bag handy to kneel or lay on if taking photos in wet conditions and you don't want to get wet.

4 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

You might be right but as they are, they look more like gems than droplets and for me that is appealing enough to call this a beautiful shot.

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Thanks...your project is really cool. I don't think I could do a specific theme everyday for a year...that would stress me out. Nice work :)

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying your comments about how you set up the various shots. I also have a 30D and the 50mm lens though I don't get it out enough. You're inspiring me to do so! I keep a folded kithen trash bag in my photo bag and my coat pocket just for the situations you describe!

Anonymous said...

The layered effect of the two colors of flowers really makes this shot work!