Saturday, March 21, 2009

Day 80 of 365


Not as in focus as I'd like it to be. The reason? Well I left my lens at f/1.8 instead of stopping down enough for a full depth of field. As you can tell, I'm still getting used to this lens. I also wish I had taken another shot of this composed the other direction, meaning mostly door and only a bit of the stone wall with the hinge being the focal point.

I'd like to highlight another 365 Project blog that I've recently been following. Danudin has been kind enough to leave me comments on several of my photos recently. His 365 Project project is interesting in that he has 365 themes that he is doing. I have to tell you...there is no way I would be able to do a different theme a day for a whole year. Check out his site.

3 comments:

Michael said...

I can appreciate your approach to this shot, it has just the right balance on the different details you are highlight in the compo.

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Before we go further I have to disagree no other angle would do that hinge is the whole story here the complete box of dice, and brother did you nail it! Speaking of which I thank you most humbly Sir but I is just having me some fun and looking at great photos while I'm doing it. Now a WARNING don't even hint at anything positive about my work, the Wicked Witches of Westwick will getya. And watch it we don't know how many there are, poor Eddie he tried to help me and I shudder to think what they will do, if asked deny that you even visit my site -It IS Much Safer.

Anonymous said...

I'm always drawn to a simple close-up of rustic architectural detail and your contrast of the dark and light here is super. As you're probably gathering by now, Ron gets a bit dramatic at times, but that's why we adore him!