Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day 70 of 365


I have a new toy...a Canon 50mm 1.8 lens. This is one of the first shots I took with it tonight while walking between classes. Nothing special...just straight up f/1.8 with some 6pm sunlight coming in from the right filtered through some trees. I think if I wasn't already married I would probably ask my lens to marry me...I'm so in love with it.

I'm still a little overwhelmed by the response I've gotten due to Scott Kelby's mention. It's great to have so many of you visiting and leaving me comments. I guess I really never thought of my posting unedited photos as being unusual but it apparently it is. I do post some edited photos to my Flickr if you're interested in seeing those. I'll tell you though...the more I learn how to use my camera correctly the less I find myself in post process, which gives me more time and energy for being behind the camera. This was my whole goal to this project.

A few people have mentioned they may want to start a project much like mine. I found the tips for a "One Photo a Day" project on Jason Webber's blog quite useful. I've adapted them to suit my needs. While I think a theme would be cool...I found that doing a theme was more pressure than this process needs to be. I originally was going to shoot photos of my old Army boots all over the place but found that was unrealistic and stressed over it. That's why I built a lightbox in the garage. If I don't have the time to do something outside I have the lightbox to fall back on. There are plenty of things around the house that can be shot creatively. Pic_Chiq on Flickr posted some photos of forks today. I see utensils visiting my lightbox soon. :)
Post a Comment