Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 63 of 365


Another lesson in frustration. Mostly due to just not having the lighting equipment needed. I have a flash but it's a really old Vivitar 151 which has a cable that is about 6 inches long so going off camera is a bit tough. I don't have wireless capability and while Radio Poppers or Pocket Wizards would be cool to have they aren't cheap. So I'm kind of at the mercy of the equipment I have. I found a handful (more than 1 but less than 10) of photos worth looking at tonight out of 150 shutter releases. Frustrating...

3 comments:

Pat W. said...

150 Shutter releases & you are frustrated? I'd say that getting a photo this beautiful makes that time well spent.

Anonymous said...

You might try these wireless flash controlers, http://www.mpex.com/browse.cfm/4,514.html only $30. Then modify them per this article, http://jeremykuster.blogspot.com/2007/10/gi-cactus-v2s-modification-tutorial.html

While it isn't a pocket wizard, it is good enough for us amateurs and is pretty reliable after the modification.

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Great thanks Ted...will definitely be looking into these.