Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 61 of 365


Today's shot is a lesson in how not to photograph smoke. I've seen some wonderful photos of smoke and wanted to see what I could do. After sitting at work for 8 hours and then another 4.5 hours of school I didn't feel like researching what I may need to do and thought I'd wing it. Luckily this project is all about learning from successes and failures. Today would be a failure...in only that it didn't turn out how I envisioned. Without researching yet I can guess I need to bring in more light so I can increase shutter speed. Also need to tighten in on the smoke itself and remove the incense from the photo. I'll try again at a later date when I have more energy to setup properly.

Until then, enjoy a photo of our cat Idgie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! i really like your cat picture. the colors are just perfect! would you mind sharing your techniques with a newbie photog? or maybe the settings? thanks!!

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Wow Wow Wow, boy does this emote what a pet is, the two way love.
U.N.B.E.L.I.E.V.A.B.L.E.