Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 71 of 365


Was enjoying a cup of coffee at my favorite hangout, Acme Coffee in Seaside, CA., today while at lunch and saw that Larry, the owner, drove his 1950's Ford F-100 panel truck to work so asked him if I could take a few shots. It was the middle of the day so you know, harsh light and all that, but hey it's all a learning experience right? I went with the shady side which was thankfully on the sidewalk side so I didn't get run over while walking around looking for good angles and being completely unfocused at other things going on around me. Does everyone kind of go into a zone when they are setting up and taking photographs?

3 comments:

Michael said...

I have to be careful to not get hurt when I get seriously sucked into making photographs. Often folks around me will be complaining fiercely about cold, heat, mosquitoes, etc. that I just don't notice whatsoever, hah.

My dad's dad and now he have owned a couple of these Fords. I have fond memories from high school driving around in one listening to the 8-track my dad installed. Nothing like 8 track Judy Garland in a great plains t-storm driving around in a 50s-60s Ford Pickup at 55 mph. ;-)

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Great shot, at first I thought you had caught the photographer in the rear external mirror but taking it up to pixel distort has convinced me it was just a post or maybe your leg shadow. Always wanted an F100 , only Ford I have desired.

Anonymous said...

Okay, well, love this one too!