Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 300 of 365


Day 300 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

I've avoided photographing flowers for quite some time but it was late and we had some well past their prime flowers sitting on a bookshelf so I thought I'd play with lighting, angles and reflection.

Single light straight down with mirrors to add light where it was needed. Surface was the silver reflective poster board with black fabric directly behind the flowers so there would be no stray reflections. I'm not quite sure if I like the distance between the flowers and the reflection. It may be too much empty space but I do like how the lighting and reflection turned out. I should have lit the little bottles the flowers were sitting in a well so it didn't appear so much like the flowers were floating. There is always tomorrow with still life :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it. Very moody.