Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day 290 of 365



Day 290 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

Went out for a walk today with the intention of photographing things out of the ordinary. Or rather things that maybe other people may not even look at much less photograph. It was an exercise in improving my artistic vision.

I found that I also need to think ahead a little. I took three separate shots of the pipe, left, middle and right, but didn't think that maybe I could put them together into a triptych. Because I didn't think of that while shooting the left hand shot is a bit off compared to the other two shots. I must have slightly moved in since I was using my 50mm. I will try this shot again next time I wander around Carmel-by-the-Sea. I'm determined to find something interesting about this town...it's such a tourist trap with gaudy clothing, jewelry and art that I really find it ugly but I'm determined to find some beauty to the place via my camera.


4 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Seems like a pipe-dream to me, but maybe it is the peace pipe and we need as much of that as we can get. Great creative crop!

Mark said...

nice arrangement.....you should shoot more outside..

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Thanks Ron and Mark.

I tend to only get out on the weekends to do outside work. Between work and night classes I don't get out much Monday thru Friday. If I'm not working on Saturdays I usually go for a photowalk. I'm kind of in a rut for where to go for my walks...I find myself going to the same place over and over so need to expand my horizons a little.

Suselek said...

I like the triptych a lot. Such a simple thing can turn an ordinary image into art.