Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 281 of 365


Day 281 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

I don't know why I hadn't thought to photograph the rocks we have around the house. We like to collect a few cool looking rocks when ever we go exploring new beaches or while camping.

I put the rocks on a piece of clear Fiberglass on a piece of black silky fabric. The light was directly above. It's a bit off center so may reshoot with better positioning.

Used my Sigma 70-300mm in macro mode at 214mm, 1/5 sec, f/5, ISO 100.

6 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

I have that lens biy not your artistry, that is impressive, I love the reflections?? Are they pebbles or large please?

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Thanks Ron...and you have the artistry :)

The bottom rock is about a normal fist size. I wanted to get the whole rock in so I shot from about 8 feet away.

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Thanks Rob, I don't but am working on it. I find it amazing how far away you have to be with the 70-300mm Sigma set on Macro to get a meaningful shot, for me that reflection means you nailed it 100%. Great Shot

Dan said...

Awesome shot Rob. Don't change a thing. I'd be hanging this one on my wall if it were mine!

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Ron...yeah the Sigma 70-300mm macro lens is kind of frustrating because of the minimum range being so far away. I'm hoping to get a 100mm f/2.8 macro lens here in the very near future. I believe it has a minimum range of 1 foot (0.3048 meters). With extension tubes that would be even less.

Thanks Dan :)

Sharon said...

Oh I really like this! Well done!