Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 295 of 365


Day 295 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.



I couldn't decide which version I liked or if I even liked them at all. I used nothing but the light above the stove because I wanted that particular look. You know...the early morning I really need my coffee or tea and man that light is bright and kind of sickly looking first thing in the morning look.

For me the portrait version puts more emphasis on the teapot spout without really noticing the fact that it's on a stove while the landscape version does the same but lets you know that it is indeed on a stove. I also shot it with the gas burner on but didn't like how it looked. Aside from not sure of which version I like I've also asked myself these questions?

Does the blurred out clock add or distract from the image? I think it adds to the mood.

Is the bluish light okay? Also a mood factor like I explained in the first paragraph.

Why couldn't my stove be a dark color so I could have tried to include steam? Sorry...not going to buy a new stove for your photo project. Damn!
Post a Comment