Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 293 of 365


Day 293 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

Inside of an abalone shell. The rainbow from yesterday inspired me to look for colors tonight. I wasn't sure if the colors I could see with my eyes were translating correctly into the camera because the back of the camera wasn't showing me what I wanted to see. I used a circle polarizer and didn't find that the colors showed true until uploading to my computer.

Sigma 70-300mm macro @ 300mm, 1/20 sec, f/5.6, ISO 100, circular polarizer filter

2 comments:

Dan Perovich said...

Wow. I would have never known what this was until I read it in your post. This gives me yet another reason to bump up the macro lens on my wish list! I'm sure I can find plenty of things around the house that will make interesting subjects with a macro lens, especially during the upcoming cold winter months here in VA.

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Thanks Dan. I'm going to save up to get a dedicated macro lens myself. I'm looking at the Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro. The lens I have now is the Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and is only macro between 200-300mm. Not the greatest but was cheap in a time when I just wanted to learn and not worry too much about pro level quality. :)

As for macro photography itself...I think it lends itself very well to exploring mundane objects to see what you can come up with. :)