Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 170 of 365


I've been struggling of late with the idea that my photos are simple. I shouldn't struggle with this idea because I follow the K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple...Stupid!) formula pretty much for everything so simple is really part of my overall makeup in life. I guess what has gotten me stuck on this is because I do want to do "big" shoots and try and do complicated stuff but I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Maybe I'm just messing with myself here. I imagine that my "simple" work may be difficult for others to pull off so maybe I should just embrace my artistic vision for what it is and just let everything else come to me in time.

Enough of that...

I do like how todays photo turned out. I yanked a couple of long pieces of tall grass from outside my garage door (I need to take the weedeater to them eventually but thankfully I hadn't yet) to play with this evening. I wanted to play with angles more than anything. I find myself taking lots of shots either straight on with the "model" straight up or from the side going across the frame. This one the grass stem is in the background the the tips are bending back towards me. I liked this especially for the way the background turned out. The stems almost looks like an x-ray and because of the angle appear far larger than they really are.

2 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

I think that they wrote the K.I.S.S. principle just for you and me Rob, trouble is your are simply beautiful and mine are simplistic, but heym if it works go with it, I say.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely nothing wrong with simplicity. As long as it's interesting.