Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 153 of 365

I wasn't expecting this kind of color display when I grabbed a bottle of bubbles and was playing around. I originally wanted to try and just have my mouth showing blowing through the wand with bubbles but found that a bit difficult to setup. So I tried to just have bubbles but the wand and my fingers were in the shot. I gave up but after downloading to my computer I think I like the wand and just a bit of my fingers in the shot. It lets you know what it is...without them the bubbles may just look like light swirls.

I shot this against a black background, which was about 2 feet behind where I was sitting. I had one work light near the back wall to the right of the photo shining into the area the bubbles would be and another work light directly to the left shining straight across towards me.

7 comments:

Jason Anderson said...

This one is just too cool! Now you're getting me hooked on all these cool projects! Gotta tape that black background back up again! :)

Seriously, very nice shot here and perfectly executed!

mitzs said...

That is just really neat! I love it RW. You always amaze me with your talent.

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Thank you :)

I wish I could say it was pure talent but I'd be lying. Mostly pure luck with a dash of I wonder what this would look like. :)

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

That is the worst case of Halitosis, that I have ever seen, Bilbo's Dragon would be going to keep up with you Rob, Tee Hee

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Never would have guessed you'd be able to capture all that color in a bubble being blown.

Unknown said...

This is awesome. I think I have some bubbles somewhere . . . time to bring them out!

At first it bothered me that the bubbles weren't really in focus, so I'm really glad that your fingers were.

Ilan said...

I commented this photo on Twitter, now it's time to give the blog some respect - Love the colorful result :)
I always wanted to try something similar, but too lazy to do it :)