Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 152 of 365


My wife pointed out a rather large spider web in our backyard today while home for lunch. When I got home from work I grabbed a water bottle and my camera with the 2 lens reverse macro setup and tried to get some decent water drop on spider web photos. A couple issues...wind is not your friend with this technique and spiders give me the willies so was on the look out for what I could only imagine was a large spider coming to get me for soaking it's web. This shot was the best of the bunch I took. I think I may try it again but with my regular macro lens and a tripod. The brown background is from my backyard fence that is 10 or so feet behind where I was shooting.

I would also like to welcome any new visitors that found me via Photoblogs.org. Appreciate you taking the time to check out my 365 Project. For my regular visitors and friends with photo blogs. Check out the site and think about registering, I did so today.

4 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

It can't be easy to train a spider to string diamonds like that. Fascinating image.

Anonymous said...

Captivating - I hope the spider left you alone - I'd hate to think he was trying to carry you off to his lair.

Nancy Lovering said...

That's beautiful! I love the simplicity. I know what you mean about the wind... it's frustrating, isn't it? You managed to get a great shot though :)

Jen said...

Gorgeous shot, swee -- OMG! What's that on your shoulder?!?!