Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day 150 of 365


Went for a short photo walk around Pacific Grove, CA today and found a little park off the beaten path. This pulley and bucket was the centerpiece of fountain in the middle of the park. Sat on the bench of enjoyed it for a bit and took some photos of some nearby flowers using the 2 lens reverse macro technique. Took a few colorful architecture photos as well.

I did a little post work to this one, such as some cropping work to remove some dull gray sky and to make it more appealing and some levels works to bring the colors out more. Let me know what you think. Is it too bright?


If you're interested in seeing the 2 lens reverse macro shots I took I'll link to my Flickr instead of taking up room here.

I also want to say thanks to Ilan Bresler for pushing me to change my blog name. Not so much because he didn't like it but because he felt I was more than qualified to be blogging. So thank you Ilan for all your support. Check out Ilan's work on his blog. He's quite the traveler and does fantastic street photos.

4 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

There's a hole in the Bucket dear Robert, Dear Robert, That is an outstanding well shot - Well Done - Well, Well???

CraigM said...

Too bright? no, I think it's spot on and a great shot to boot. I don't what your blog was called before but Ilan is right, you're more than qualified!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in both the building and the door photos. And no, the building one is definitely not to bright, at least to my eye. Thanks for the link to Ilan's site - street photography is fascinating to me and his is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

The bucket shot is super - love those water droplets and the aged materials. Very captivating. Love those bold colors in the second shot too - not to bright for my taste.