Saturday, May 23, 2009

Day 143 of 365


Something a little different from what I've been doing lately. Once I got going on the reverse macro I had a hard time looking at the larger picture and kept going in for the small details. So today I was sitting in my car waiting to go back to work and started looking at this tree next to me. I liked how the vines were climbing up the trunk and snapped a few shots with the camera horizontal. I switched to vertical and liked how the purple leaves offset the green vines.

Not sure it qualifies as one of my better photos but I have to keep reminding myself that I can't expect every photo I take to be good. I think I read or heard in a podcast that most pros believe 1 in 100 will be good and like 1 in 1000 may be great. I think this is why it is so important to just take photos...lots of them. When I first got the camera I'd just take a few photos and wonder why none of them were any good. When I started my 365 Project I decided to just snap away. I take several shots at different angles and different camera settings. Because it's hard to tell how exactly the photo will turn out by just looking at the little screen on the back of the camera I take no chances. Still doesn't mean I get good shots every time though :)

1 comment:

credd said...

you and i are going to get along just fine on our photo walk. i'm one of those that takes multiple photos from multiple angles also. and...although we would always like for others to like our work...what really matters is whether we like it ourself.