Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 135 of 365


I find myself getting more and more intrigued with the 2 lens reverse macro technique. Got home from work and grabbed my camera with my 50mm 1.8 and 50mm 2.0 (in reverse) and stepped outside into my backyard. Found that even weeds, like this Hawksbeard seed clock, similar to a dandelion but has several stems from one root, can give some wonderful photo opportunities. I think what I really enjoy about this technique is it's a photograph, straight from the camera, but it's got some painterly qualities and almost alien in nature. People spend time in Photoshop trying to get this effect...

I had a hard time choosing which one to post here tonight so check my Flickr over the weekend if you'd like to see more of these.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Very cool! I haven't even thought about flipping my lenses around. Interesting.

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Super cool, look who's got an addiction.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I didn't think of using a 50 and a 50. Have to try that combination too.

This one is super....

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Yeah...I seem to be enamored with reverse macro at the moment. Exploring all the possibilities it has :)

Yeah...the 50 and 50 works well. I have some old film camera equipment including lenses and thought I'd try that out. Works nicely...both has such a large aperture opening there is hardly any vignetting.

...and of course thank you for stopping by and leaving comments :)

Jen said...

You took some way cool shots today, Berto! :)

jo said...

Lovely images you've captured with this "reverse macro" technique!