Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 138 of 365


I've pretty much only experimented with flowers and the snail shell while using the two lens reverse macro technique. While the depth of field is incredibly narrow it wasn't so apparent until I took this shot of a word in a dictionary. As you can see there is a very narrow band of focus. What I've discovered is it doesn't really matter what angle you are holding your camera while using this technique. Want the band of focus a certain way...tilt your camera until you get it. There is no horizon line to worry about.

5 comments:

Jen said...

This rocks, sweetie. I see a joint artist book venture in our future...

shaznyc said...

I like the Macro technique here and icy blur look.

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Boy is that an eye opener, or restricter in this case, great little experiment and a wonderful shot, thank you.

ostman said...

Interesting! Had I seen this elsewhere, I'd have assumed it was edited.

Avery Smith said...

very very interesting