Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 144 of 365


Decided to do a Photo Walk trial run today in prep for July 18th. Grabbed the camera with one lens, my 50mm, and played the tourist. Since this place is just one big tourist trap it was pretty easy to blend in. Actually went through some old buildings turned into museums that in the 8 years I've lived here never visited. Practiced low light photography in those places and will eventually get around to posting a few on my Flickr. My goal today was to look for color contrasts and interesting architecture. Found plenty of brightly colored doors and window sills against white or colored stucco to shoot but found this lone lemon to be my best shot of the day, technique wise. There was a little bench I used to keep the camera steady and used mirror lockup and with no wind to speak of I was able to get a fairly sharp image.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the mood you captured with this shot.

DART said...

I love the colour combo!