Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 140 of 365


The Gerbera daisies had one last photo shoot left in them. Misted them down with some water and played around with the reverse macro again this evening. Tomorrow I think I'll unfocus a little and do something different. I think I have lots more to learn so don't want to spend all my time doing this...it will always be here :)

I want to highlight one of my daily blog reads tonight. I talked it up a while back when he interviewed me but I'll do so again tonight because not only is he a valuable member of our community but he puts a lot into providing us photographers with information via his website and podcast. Recently he announced a photography contest with a prize provided by Adobe. The prize is a copy of Lightroom 2. Check out the Canon Blogger website for more information about the contest and where to submit your entry. I believe the only rule is the photo be processed in Lightroom, which you can download as a 30 day free trial from Adobe. I plan on entering but I've not found a photo I feel is good enough to win...that will be my goal the next week or so :)

3 comments:

Ilan said...

First of all thank you for the link. I wasn't familiar with that site (guess because I'm a Nikon user :D)

About the photo - Have you ever tried to print your photos in large format ? This frame looks like the right candidate for such print :)

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

I've not printed any of my photos out larger than what my 8.5 x 11 printer will do. I do want to see how some of these will look large but it's a bit tight at the moment so haven't. Need to look into what paper would be the best and all that as well.

Jason Anderson said...

Wow, thanks Rob - wondering why I didn't see this in my analytics, but appreciate the mention! Actually just for a little clarification - it doesn't even have to be processed in LR. It'd be nice since the prize is LR, but not a requirement - just a recommendation. The timing of the shot is the only criteria (taken in May...)

This shot is another great one, but a little dark on my monitor...