Saturday, January 24, 2009

Day 24 of 365

Not a great photo by any means but I'm posting it as a reminder to myself on the importance of having the right lens handy. I work at a spa on a golf course on the occasional weekend and have seen Cranes nearby several times but either didn't have my camera (I know...stupid) or wasn't in the position to take a photo. Today I had my camera but only had my 18-55mm lens instead of my 70-300mm.

It was about 4:30pm and no one was on the golf course so there were probably around 10 Cranes wandering around not far from the road. I was about 50 feet away so my telephoto lens would have gotten me up close and personal with them but alas it wasn't to be. Next weekend if I'm at the spa I'll definitely have my telephoto lens with me and hope I run into the Cranes again because I find them to be quite majestic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually I like the shot the way it is, the space around the birds help sets the scene I think.