Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 10 of 365

There are acres upon acres of concrete and World War II era buildings on this old Army base. This shot is only a small part of a much larger concrete field that was once a motor pool.

Today I realized that I automatically did my checks without really having to think about it. I checked the ISO, made sure the WB was set correctly, was able to find and manipulate my aperture control while looking through the viewfinder. After I take the shot I automatically check the histogram and have consistently been in the good range. I think one of my lessons that I set for myself is starting to sink in. Yay!

I would like to thank everyone who has been following along and have been leaving comments. Thank you so much...knowing that I'm not the only one looking at my project really is making this much easier and something I look forward to doing every day. Please feel free to leave comments with constructive criticism, tips, kudos, links to sites that I may enjoy or just a hello. It's all welcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the sky in this one. Did you use a neutral density filter or polarizer on your lens?

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

I used a circular polarizer that I always forget to rotate for the best setting. :)