Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 18 of 365 - Sunset on the bay

I was looking at some sunset pictures the other day and realized I've lived on the coast for over 7 years now and have only tried taking sunset photos once. I'm glad I went out as it was a beautiful day and I found a great place to go to next time I want to take sunset photos...probably should take my wife out with me next time so she can enjoy the view as well. The hike was around a mile each way but most of it was on old roads left over from the military. The colors were pretty vibrant but I had my circular polarizer on so the colors are even more so.

ISO 100, 300mm, f/5.6, 1/10 sec

I took quite a few photos but decided on this one because I like the boat and tree silhouettes. I posted a few others on my Flickr site and will post more from my shot later.

What I learned tonight was to pay attention to my metering. I used shutter priority and adjusted my shutter speed to keep a consistent f/stop between 4 and 8. I did ignore the flashing f/stop number a few times to get a little more darkness.

No comments: