Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 15 of 365

Always Ready, Always First! Oh wait...I'm not in the 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment anymore. Was roaming the old barracks after work and before the sun went completely down and spotted this concrete slab with the First Sergeant, what remained of it anyway, and Captain's rank stenciled on it. Thought it was kind of funny since the military is so detail oriented that they most likely knew where to stand without needing a reminder. I don't remember any of my higher ups needing this as the troopers knew where the Captain was going to stand and we made sure we adjusted to him, not him to us. Guess the troops at Ft. Ord were a little less, what word am I looking for, oh yeah, smart.

I should have walked around to the other side and took a photo from behind where the captain would have stood. I guess it's not like I couldn't do it at another time.

Shot at 33mm, f/4.5, 1/13 (call me steady hands), EV +1

2 comments:

Michael said...

What a cool find! The fact it has the marking on it is bonus, and good lord that is some slow shutter speed hand-holin' action, hah.

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Thanks Michael...I appreciate all your comments. I appreciate all the comments I've been getting...it's really making this project enjoyable.