Friday, January 2, 2009

Day 2 of 365


I had to scramble this morning to get out of the house before it started raining. Thankfully I only live 5 minutes from the location I wanted to use today. The shot location is a raised platform about 5 feet high with stairs leading up past the first aid cross. The platform has a railing all around it so there was some difficulty keeping the rails out of the shot as I leaned into the platform to take the shot. I was hoping for a little more bokeh blurriness between the boots and the red cross but I was using my kit 18-55mm lens that doesn't have a very low f/stop rating. I'm looking at getting a 50mm 1.4 (maybe) or 1.8 (most likely) here soon which will help with the look I'm going for in this shot.

Lesson learned:
  • I'm not sure if it was the white balance (I used the cloud setting) or I needed to work with my shutter speed as the shot seems flat.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I love that you are keeping locations in mind. Being a 365 project I am sure you will not always have that luxury, but kudos for when you can. You should use this project to get you out to some locals you've been meaning to visit.