Friday, January 2, 2009

Day 2 of 365


I had to scramble this morning to get out of the house before it started raining. Thankfully I only live 5 minutes from the location I wanted to use today. The shot location is a raised platform about 5 feet high with stairs leading up past the first aid cross. The platform has a railing all around it so there was some difficulty keeping the rails out of the shot as I leaned into the platform to take the shot. I was hoping for a little more bokeh blurriness between the boots and the red cross but I was using my kit 18-55mm lens that doesn't have a very low f/stop rating. I'm looking at getting a 50mm 1.4 (maybe) or 1.8 (most likely) here soon which will help with the look I'm going for in this shot.

Lesson learned:
  • I'm not sure if it was the white balance (I used the cloud setting) or I needed to work with my shutter speed as the shot seems flat.
Post a Comment