Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 241 of 365



Day 241 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

Two types of photography I need to do more of in the next 124 days are food and portrait. Since we decided to barbeque our dinner tonight so our house didn't get any warmer, it hit the mid 80's here on the coast which doesn't happen often, I thought I'd take a stab at the food shot.

I tried several different angles and besides the smoke obscuring many of the shots I ended up liking this one as it gave a better view of more items. There were a few of the artichokes I liked but I really need to stop always using f/1.8 since I don't always want a blurry background. It's hard breaking the f/1.8 habit...

If you're curious there are artichokes (first steamed to almost soft), red and yellow peppers, summer squash slices and red cabbage. The red cabbage was an experiment and it's not half bad. The cabbage, peppers and squash were marinaded in olive oil and balsamic vinegar first. I left the marinade inside the peppers while they cooked to help steam them. Not shown are the barbeque sauce marinaded tofu slices :)

2 comments:

credd said...

hmmmm...i've never grilled artichoke. makes a great photo!

Mark said...

ok .... I'm hungry