Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 234 of 365


Day 234 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

I've used this fern for a photo of the day several months ago so after not getting any good shots at a street fair I went to I decided to take a few of the fern.

This fern is prehistoric looking. At least 10 feet tall with several shoots coming from one main trunk. Nice being able to take a photo of a plant without having to get down on my hands and knees.

Used my 50mm f/1.8 at f/1.8 so I could get a good amount of bokeh.

4 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

No smoke or mirrors but magic nonetheless - Ah Nature.

Suselek said...

That is a very cool shot. I am surprised at the (lack) of depth of field, even at f/1.8. I need to give it a try.

Unknown said...

I love that 1.8. It's so much fun!

A tip (which you guys already probably know) is that the closer you are to your focus point, the more blur you get behind it.

I'd venture that Rob was probably pretty close to the fern here.

Anyway, I love the green. We ended up doing kind of similar shots yesterday.

Katy Swift said...

That is beautiful. Gives me some textile ideas.