Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 226 of 365


Day 226 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

I had planned on heading out today to take some photos of the fancy cars that are in Monterey this weekend for several different events. I ended up working an event instead. Unfortunately I wasn't working as a photographer but as my actual side job...a massage therapist.

After several hours of work I got back to my car and decided to just hang out and read for a bit while the traffic from the event thinned out. Since I was parked right on the street I had access to view all the cars driving by. The funny thing is I didn't even think to pull my camera out until about 20 minutes after I decided to sit and wait out the traffic. I was engrossed in a book when I noticed a group of guys running after a car taking photos of it. After a short session of calling myself an idiot for not thinking of having my camera sitting ready to use I pulled it out and watched for a car to drive by worth shooting. There was some nice cars that drove by but didn't get the great shot I was looking for. I didn't feel like getting back out of the car after standing for 8+ hours so sat in my car seat shooting out my window with my 70-300mm lens.

I went with this shot of a Porsche front end mostly because it completely filled the frame and I like the lines and angles. I think it's a Porsche anyway...I'm not much into cars.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice lines. Reminds me of a closely cropped portrait of a wild animal.