Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 224 of 365


Day 224 of 365, originally uploaded by Rob Weiher.

While pulling all the fruit and veggies we got from our weekly CSA box I thought they would make for a good photo of the day. In post I would crop the bottom off a little. Went with a different angle just to see how it would look.

Here is another angle that I did a little work to in post. Not much...just a little contrast bump to brighten the color a little and cropping some dead space off the top. Only so much brown lawn needs to be seen.

4 comments:

Celina Wyss said...

Love the warm light on the 2nd shot

Unknown said...

Interesting that the table cloth looks blue in the first image, and greener in the second. I like the diagonal composition, and also that it isn't perfectly symmetrical.

Pete Petersheim said...

@Jessica, I think the difference in color probably comes from the light hitting it; in the first shot, most of the light hitting the cloth is cold blue light off the sky, while in the second shot it's lit by the much warmer sunlight.
@Jason, I love the second shot! Very sharp focus, and I like the way focus drops completely out with the background..

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Thanks for the comments :)

Pete is correct...the first photo was shot in the shade with some light filtering in from some lattice work at the top of a fence. I liked how it fell on the basket. It probably appears bluish because I used sunlight white balance instead of shade.

The second shot was in the full sun so was balanced correctly plus I did some levels work to it to bring some color contrasts out. Not much work...just a touch of midtone adjustment. I also high pass sharpened it which helps push the colors out a bit more.