Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 55 of 365


The Hurdy Gurdy Man...not the Hurdy Gurdy Man by Donovan, or the more current version by the Butthole Surfers, but an actual guy playing a Hurdy Gurdy. After work I ventured down to the weekly Farmers Market and found this street performer.

This was my first attempt at taking a photo on the street. I don't know exactly why but I'm really self conscious about taking my camera out and taking photos in public. Public as in a street environment with other people. Walking around the old buildings by myself is no problem. It's not like other people aren't pulling small point and shoots out or their cell phone and taking snapshots. So for me today this was a small victory...I took my camera out and did my best to get a decent shot of this guy...being tall helps. I figure he wouldn't mind and left a dollar as thanks.

No comments: