Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 49 of 365


For those of you that enjoy the boots I promise they will return soon. With the weather and being sick all of last week I haven't felt like being outside much...mostly just to and from work and class.

I've been wanting to explore still life a little more and figured a single apple would be a good start. I wanted to work with just one light and black background to get the feel I was shooting for. After I got started I thought maybe a little water would add something to the shot. I took almost 100 photos and have several ones I like this was the one I felt had the best lighting and didn't need any post work done. I will be posting other shots I liked and did a little post work to to my Flickr account if you would like to see them.

I like to listen to my Zune while working with my camera and it was fitting that I had a podcast from 7 Photography Questions interviewing Jo Whaley, a fine arts still life photographer. She had some great tips and I'm finding this podcast to be really informative. Each podcast is with a different professional photographer and they are asked 7 questions that were submitted by listeners of the show and they also talk about examples of their work that you can look at online in the show notes. I think the best informational podcast out there for photography. The other big ones like TWIP, Camera Dojo and the like are great as well but 7 Questions is solely about that photographer giving you insight into what they do and tips for that particular type of photography they are experts at. It's different each podcast...not weeks on end of wedding photography.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great shot! Love the mood you've captured here... and it's just an apple! Very nice work!

Jeff Cross
www.jeffcrossphoto.com

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Thank you Jeff...appreciate you taking the time to check out my work and to comment.