Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 36 of 365

The boots were hungry this morning so we headed to the Dining Facility only to find it all boarded up. Oh how we miss the fine dining to be had at the typical Army mess hall.



I had a couple campus police officers approach me this morning while I was taking my photos. I had been expecting this to happen eventually but I knew I didn't have any problems and they were going to just make sure I wasn't up to no good. We have a problem with people stealing copper and other metals from the old buildings so they just wanted to make sure I wasn't a thief. Since I work on campus I introduced myself and showed my employee ID when they asked. Very friendly and in the course of the conversation mentioned to just let them know if I go into the buildings. Wait what? I can enter the buildings? Sure...just stop by and sign a liability release and tell us when and what buildings you want to enter and you'll be all set. Sweet...the boots may just be exploring some old barracks here in the very near future. They want to demolish all the old Army buildings soon so being able to document some of the artwork on the walls will be cool. Now I just need to figure out what do to with lighting. The outer rooms will have light from outside but the hallways and inner rooms will be pretty dark. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

emgower said...

The flowers are beautiful, but glad to see the boots back.

Jen said...

Da boots're back! Careful, a bunch of MRE's were recalled b/c of the peanut butter salmonella issue.