Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 33 of 365

Today is the first day of the semester for me. I'm taking a Photoshop class that is more about using it for painting and creation instead of manipulating photographs, which I'm fairly component at. I'm also taking American Sign Language with my wife. We both are in school and need to fulfill out language requirements and we've both been interested in ASL. I think taking ASL is coming at the right time for me. I've really been pushing myself to become more creative and I think learning something that requires my hands and that part of the brain will help my process. Now that I'm starting my second month of this project I'm going to see about getting a little more creative. Why take a picture of the whole flower when just part may look good, or maybe shooting at an angle that seems unusual, I may even get some knee pads and spend an entire shoot just crawling around on the ground. Part of my process is to figure out just what my photography "calling" is. Most people have one area they specialize in, not that I feel I need to specialize, but I think I'd like to figure out if there's a particular area that interests me the most. Just like with my massage practice...I give a kickass swedish style massage but my real enjoyment comes from working with athletes and others with specific injuries.

Enough of my musings...here's my, "oh my it's already 10pm and I haven't taken my daily photo yet" photo. Flowers I bought my wife at the farmers market yesterday in my lightbox playing around with different lighting. I was going to just shoot a couple and ended up with 41...not that most are any good since I was playing with lighting and how long to hold the shutter open.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful range of yellow color in that flower. The lighting really makes the "ordinary" very dynamic.

Keep up the good work!

emgower said...

Very nice!

Amber said...

Pretty!!


I love your photos!!

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Thanks everyone...I appreciate that you all took the time to check out my photos and leave comments. :)